What is the connection between baseball and a meaningful job? According Kathy Martinez, Assistant Secretary of Labor for disability employment policy, she sees a clear case that sports — from baseball to trapshooting to handcycling — improve both quality of life and employment results for people with disabilities.
“Sports are ingrained in the American psyche; they’re a cultural force,” Martinez wrote. “Whether played in a large stadium or neighborhood park, they have the power not only to bring people together … but also to shape societal attitudes.”
ADAPTIVE SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
In addition to Paralyzed Veterans of America’s nationally recognized sports programs, we also are associated with the national governing bodies of many disabled sports organizations.
- Adaptive Skiing Program Offered Free for Disabled Veterans
- Adaptive Skiing Guide
- American Wheelchair Bowling Association
- Fishing Has No Boundaries, Central Ohio
- National Wheelchair Softball Association
- National Wheelchair Pool Players Association
- National Wheelchair Basketball Association
- United States Paralympics
- United States Quad Rugby Association
- Wheelchair Lacrosse