It is a New Fiscal Year as of July 1 2021.
All members are eligible for their full $2000 to be used for events between July 1 2021 and Jun 30 2022. Funds are limited so please submit your grant request early. It is ALWAYS better to submit nice and early before your event and allow the BOD time to discuss any questions they may have. If you are not sure exactly what you are doing but have a general idea, submit your request with more generic information (See item 5 below).
If you are interested in getting out and doing something and using your grant, please make sure you submit the grant form (Below) along with the mandatory Waiver Agreement, and return both by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will get reviewed at the next Board of Directors Meeting (Typically the 3rd Wednesday of the month), then the chapter will get back with you and let you know the status of your request.
Tuition is now an option on the grant. Whether you are taking a certification class, honing up your computer skills, working on a P.H.D. or anything in between. Please submit a grant request prior to registering for your class and get approved to use the grant for it.
NEW FULLY ONLINE APPLICATION FORM!!!
If you need assistance with the form, call the office at 877 782-2231 and ask for Dick or Liz to help you fill out the form.
If you don’t have access to a computer, we can take your request 100% over the phone and input the information for you by asking you the questions on the form.
Regardless of what event you are doing, or which form you fill out, please complete & return this waiver:
“100 NEW SMILES” CAMPAIGN
This Fiscal Year we are focusing on our “100 NEW Smiles” Campaign where we are actively seeking out 100 chapter members who have NEVER received a Sports and Recreation Grant from the chapter, and together we are going to find a way to get you and your family out doing something you want where we can reimburse you $1000 for whatever it is you wanted to do.
If this is you, and you want to be one of our “100 NEW Smiles,” simply click on the button below, fill out the information of what you think you would like to use the grant for and someone will get in touch with you to help you fill out your first application and get a NEW SMILE on your face. But HURRY, we anticipate this $100,000 in grants to disappear quickly and it will be on a first-come, first-approved basis.
1) You must Be PVACC member in good standing
2) Grants provided to individuals or organizations remain at the sole discretion of PVACC’s BOD based on available funding. All grant applications are reviewed by the BOD and/or the Sports Grant Committee. Allocated Grants are pre-approved annually during the budgeting cycle. Allocated grants are reimbursable grants based upon expenses shown and capped annually at a level set by the BOD.
3) Please take digital pictures while participating on your grant funded event for our social media pages and newsletter. Email them to email@example.com, so we may possibly add them to the newsletter or website. A paragraph explaining what you did and how you enjoyed it would be appreciated as well to help us share your opportunity with others.
4) Most Grants approved will be approved for reimbursement. In some cases, payment may be made before the event on a case-by-case basis. If you have a financial situation requiring the funding before the event to purchase transportation or lodging, simply explain your situation on the form or contact the office at (877) 782-2231 to discuss your situation.
5) It is sometimes easier to be more generic than specific, especially if you don’t have exact dates or exact events or locations yet. For example “Visit my relatives this fall” would be just as good as “Visit my mother on Sep 12th” but would allow you to change and visit your uncle in august instead if something changed. Or “Attend Professional Sporting event this spring” vs “Attend Ram / Lions game Oct 21 game.” This way you can request to do something in advance, without having 100% of the details yet.
6) Grant request should be submitted 45+ days before event to ensure plenty of time to review and provide preliminary response back to member before attending event. In the event you are asking for a retroactive grant for something that has ALREADY OCCURED, it will be reviewed on a case by case basis with more leniency on those who are making their first retroactive requests vs. always asking for retroactive requests.
7) When approved, funding will be provided via EFT after member submits valid expense receipts for approved items up to the Maximum amount, or in advance if your financial situation requires it.
8) Please email any receipts for Travel, Lodging, Tickets, Parking expenses incurred to substantiate reimbursement. Include any other grant(s) or external funds received from any other organizations requested or provided for the same event. Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
9) If requesting Mileage, it will be paid at the rate of $.50/mile. Please provide a PDF copy of a Google Maps showing the distance from your residence to the location you are attending.
10) We do not provide reimbursement for any meals, beverages, or purchase of any equipment.
Aid and attendant / caregiver (VA EVENTS GRANT)
If your SCI care provider determines that you have a medical need for aide and assistance, you may qualify for additional funding to help offset the additional expense of bringing your care provider.
Please submit a copy of your approved VA event application with your care provider authorizing your care giver.
This additional Aid and Attendant funding is only available for the 6 VA approved events at this time.
This program is new and evolving
As we encounter new questions and situations, the program will continue to evolve. Our #1 goal is to get members out and experiencing new things that may have never tried if there had not been some financial support. Then, we look forward to hearing from you about your experience, and sharing it with other members in hopes they may be moved to try something new as well.